- 42nd President of the United States
- Pro to the question "Was Bill Clinton a Good President?"
“In all the work I have done as president, every decision I have made, every executive action I have taken, every bill I have proposed and signed, I’ve tried to give all Americans the tools and conditions to build the future of our dreams, in a good society, with a strong economy, a cleaner environment, and a freer, safer, more prosperous world.
I have steered my course by our enduring values. Opportunity for all. Responsibility from all. A community of all Americans. I have sought to give America a new kind of government, smaller, more modern, more effective, full of ideas and policies appropriate to this new time, always putting people first, always focusing on the future…
I’m very grateful to be able to turn over the reins of leadership to a new president, with America in such a strong position to meet the challenges of the future.”
Farewell address to the nation, transcribed by ABC News, Jan. 18, 2001
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to US presidential history. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to US presidential history.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder, William J. Clinton Foundation
- Member, Advisory Board, International AIDS Trust
- UN Special Envoy to Haiti, 2009
- UN Special Envoy for Tsunami Recovery, 2005-2007
- Co-founder Scholarship Fund (with US Senator Bob Dole), Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund, 2001
- 42nd President of the United States, 1993-2001
- Governor of Arkansas, 1979-1981, 1983-1992
- Former Chair, Democratic Leadership Council, 1990
- Attorney General for Arkansas, 1976-1978
- Law Professor, University of Arkansas, 1973-1976
- Helped to manage presidential candidate George McGovern’s Texas campaign, 1972
- JD, Yale University, 1973
- Oxford University, 1968-1972 (Rhodes Scholarship)
- BSFS, Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, 1968
- Legal name is William Jefferson Clinton
- Born William Jefferson Blythe III on Aug. 19, 1946 in Hope, Arkansas
- Married to Hillary Rodham Clinton, US Secretary of State
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Was Bill Clinton a Good President?