- Academic Assessment Manager at Brooklyn College in the City University of New York (CUNY)
- Con to the question "Was Bill Clinton a Good President?"
“Bill Clinton’s presidency was a disaster for progressives, for the constituencies they speak for and the country writ large…
We’re living through a great national reckoning on our country’s vast inequalities–racial, economic, and otherwise; the Clinton administration inarguably contributed to those inequalities. His welfare reform bill, which he and his administration championed relentlessly, undercut the economic security of millions of Americans…
[T]he Clinton administration instituted harsh economic sanctions on Iraq… resulting in the death of hundreds of thousands of children from malnutrition and lack of medicines…
Even Mr. Clinton’s oft-celebrated economic credentials seem far less impressive when put under scrutiny… Having pushed for and signed NAFTA [North American Free Trade Agreement], Mr. Clinton watched as more than 650,000 jobs eventually moved overseas…
Much more devastating, however, was the Clinton administration’s culpability in the unprecedented financial implosion of 2008 and 2009. By pushing for and winning deregulation of speculative financial assets, the Clinton administration surely deepened and expanded the crisis.”
“Bill and Chain: The Clinton Presidency Could Hold Back Hillary,” Observer, Mar. 16, 2016
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Academic Assessment Manager, Brooklyn College, City University of New York (CUNY), 2016-present
- Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Coordinator, Brooklyn College, 2016-present
- Member, Professional Staff Congress of CUNY
- Member, American Federation of Teachers
- Member, New York State United Teachers
- Assessment Coordinator, Introductory Composition at Purdue (ICAP) Program, 2014-2015
- Research Assistant, Second Language Studies, Purdue University, 2012
- PhD, English, Purdue University
- MA, Writing and Rhetoric, University of Rhode Island, 2011
- BA, English, Central Connecticut State University, 2004
- Twitter: @theANOVAblog
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Was Bill Clinton a Good President?